Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Some Fall Fun

We have been loving the fall weather here in Utah.  It has made the Halloween festivities even more special and it has made us realize how much we missed the cold when we lived down south.  We are officially in sweater weather and its amazing!  I thank the lucky stars every time I get up and its chilly.  I love snuggling into the covers trying to relish the last little bit of warmth before I am forced to get up and feed Alex.  I thank the stars for cool fall walks, for chilly breezes, and for the beautiful rich fall colors that grace the windows every day.  
Yesterday, we had some fall fun out in the backyard.  My parents have six tall gorgeous trees in the backyard and they are now dropping leaves like crazy.  My mom swears we will see a sea of leaves that you could literally swim in before the month is thru.  It is going to be awesome!

Its not really that cold, but to us Floridians, it is freezing...

The first batch of leaves.
 

We have been prepping for Halloween here too.  We got Alex his costume, he is going to be Darth Vader this year (Will post pictures on Halloween Night).  I think I am going to be a homegrown scarecrow.  No idea what Blake is going to be-he might just be himself tee hee.  I have set up all of our decorations and the upstairs (where we are living) looks just as it should.  I added a new ghost, a sparkly pumpkin, and homemade spider webs to hang in the windows.  My mom in law is making me a wreath to go on the door of our new home for next year.  

Here's the ghost (ain't he cute!) and the sparkle pumpkin.  The hitchhiking ghosts I got last year at Cast Connections WDW.

Speaking of new home, here is the current state of our home to be.  We still have three weeks til we move in, but its coming along.  The townhome is going to be beautiful when its done.
Only eight days til Halloween is said and done and frankly, while I am having fun with it, I really can't wait for Turkey Day and Christmas this year.  I have already begun my Christmas shopping and I am making Thanksgiving menus and Black Fridays plans.  I am organizing, planning, and preparing.  I want this to be the best Christmas yet (by golly, we deserve it)!  This will be the last Christmas season before Alex might possibly go to school and it will be the first Christmas in our new and hopefully forever home.  Thanksgiving with my folks will be great-I haven't had a holiday dinner with them since I got married 5 years ago.  
I am just so excited for the future and what the future brings.  Everything is finally falling into place in perfect union and I really can't wait for everything to begin.  
We will carving the pumpkin on Tuesday and watching lots of holiday movies over the weekend.  Tomorrow I will taking Alex to the reading time in Garland @ the library for some free Halloween fun.  And in the midst, there will be lots of leaves and Christmas planning.  Til then!

1 comment:

  1. Sara!!!!

    If you see this, please text me!! I can't be on Facebook. Email me at volando88@hotmail.com Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete