Monday, October 20, 2014

Finally Getting into a Routine!

So this has been a LONG time coming (I can't tell you how long because five months feels like triple that long), but we Rawls are starting to develop a new pattern. YAY!  I love stability and predictability and we are loving having it.  As mentioned a couple months back, we were not having any luck in the job hunt.  Lots of interviews, lots of offers, and yet a hard time getting one to stick.  The great job offer that I didn't mention for fear of jinxing it ended up getting rescinded due to a failed credit check and so two weeks ago we were back to square one with a moving date lying ahead of us.  Thankfully God provided and we are finally working and earning money!  
Blake started working for mybullfrog.com-a Verizon Wireless authorized retail company.  He is a sales consultant, very similar to what he was supposed to be doing at T mobile and he is loving it.  The position is in Brigham City which will give us a minimal commute and he will also be making commission, which will help inflate our income.  He has been working full time since the 10th and there is no kinks or end in sight!  SO we are most definitely on our way.  
Our new house is still in construction phase and the move in date is now November 12th.  We are still as excited as ever and are counting the days til we move in.  Alex has imprinted onto the house and can't wait til he has his own room and a place to call his own.  I am hoping that the attachment he is developing will help with a fast and easy adjustment period in November.

Loving the progress!  It'll be so pretty when its done.
One the other hand, school is going so so.  With all the errands, distractions, job hunts, and settling in we are doing-trying to start school just seems like the wrong timing.  And unfortunately, as much as I love the idea of teaching him at home, I'm afraid I may not be being true to myself in pursuing that.  I love school, but I have never loved teaching it, and I am not sure that it is something I am wanting to do long term.  So for the time being, I have taken a step back and I am examining my options again.  We are looking at different home school curriculum's, local charter schools,  and any other options that will keep him from the public school system yet still be the best fit for our family.  It isn't an easy decision, but we are confident God will direct our paths.  We just have to trust Him  Until then, I am going back to lots of Mommy fun, cuddles, reading, outings, games, crafts, and kiddo bliss.  I am going to work on his emotional well being and stability right now as well.  He is academically ready for Kindergarten, but I want to make sure that he is emotionally ready.  He still has a few kinks that I have to polish off before the possibility of formal school comes to the table.  SO we are going to have lots of fun, learn to raise our hands, learn respect and obedience, and all together prepare for whatever God might have in store for next years Kindergarten class.  We feel that this step back is the best thing for the family and are confident it will put us that much further ahead next year and in the year's to come.
And frankly, I never had formal preschool, and I turned out top of my class for the most part, so I am not worried about his future achievements.
SO handsome!!!  Loving his new fall jacket!
Funny thought to share!  Yesterday, Blake and I were rating our best holiday moments since being married and I really enjoyed the walk down memory lane.  It was nice to see and recognize that not all holidays have to be perfect for them to be magical.  I sometimes get caught up in the perfection of it all that I miss all the little moments.  So just for the heck of it here's the list we came up with.

2013 @ Mickey's Not So Scary Party.  Best Disney Moment Ever!  Definitely want to go to another on our next Disney Vaca
Top Three Halloweens of Ages Past
#1) 2013-Mickey's Not So Scary Party, free Disney World hotel stays and trips to the parks, phenomenal trick or treating, Halloween party for Alex and his little friends, and lots of fun!
#2) 2012 - Lots of Disney Halloween, lots of pumpkin carvings, Mimi and Do daddy visit, Halloween party, lots of yummy treats
#3) 2009- First Halloween married.  Party @ newlywed apartment, costume shopping, campus plays, fall walks

2013- Got to see the castle light up with my buddy just a couple of days before Thanksgiving.  What a way to start the holiday season.
Top Three Thanksgiving of Ages Past
#1) 2011- despite the fact that I was super sick all day and the food sucked this was still my favorite Thanksgiving.  I didn't even get any pie, but it didn't matter.  We played lots of games at my sister's house, cooked food, watched TV, talked and laughed, and then did Black Friday shopping that night-again despite my being deathly ill.  It was great lol.
#2) 2013- This is a close second.  Last year was the first time I ate two full dinners.  We fed two of the best missionaries in the field down in Florida. I cut my finger on a green bean can of all things, but that didn't matter.  We deep fried turkey at our FL families house, laughed, talked, and then went Black Friday Shopping at nine that night.  It was cold for FL and that made it even better.  That weekend, we ate pie, listened to music, the elves decorated the house, and watched our favorite movie Holiday in Handcuffs.
#3) 2010- Again with my sister, but this day was an epic because we made on emergency run to the store to get a turkey platter before we could eat the dinner.  It was really funny.  Blake worked Kmart that day but only til four, so it was a great time.  We made all Christ themed ornaments on the tree and had all the right focuses for our life.

2012- Went to see Xmas lights and snow in Celebration on Xmas day 2.0
Top Three Christmases of Ages Past
#1) 2014- I get the feeling that this Christmas will be the best one yet!  We will hopefully have snow, a new home, and lots of love.  Possible trip to SLC for the lights and the Mo tab concert (featuring Sesame Street!).  Maybe the Forgotten Carols.  We will be with family and that's all that matters.  The theme this year is Home For the Holidays. hee hee
#2)2012- First one in FL.  We had NO money for anything, but we had a lot of help from friends and ward members.  There was an ugly sweater Christmas Party, Disney @ Christmas for the first time, and three days of presents due to Blake's insane work schedule at Epcot.  But it was made up for in love and friendship.  We had two Xmas Eves, and two Xmas Days.  Saw snow in Celebration!
#3) 2010- Bittersweet for me b/c it was the last time we got to spend with Blake's grandmother.  It was tough because we all got sick with colds and there was a lot of funky vibes that year, but it was still special b/c we got to spend it with her and make her last Xmas super special.  The next year, she was in the hospital and then we lost her.

So there you have it!  The line up for the Rawls holidays awards ceremonies. lol. Well have to get the kiddo some lunch.  Next post will be on some Halloween festivities!

No comments:

Post a Comment