Sunday, September 21, 2014

Some Really Good News

So, I don't want to ruin anything by telling before things finally set into place, but I'm not sure I can contain it.  Blake finally has a job offer that looks like it is going to stick.  And before you question the Tmobile job, I will explain.  They decided to close the kiosk that Blake was supposed to manage, and Blake's job offer fell through.  He never even made it to the training portion of the the position.  So, we fasted and prayed all weekend (a few weeks back), and we were blessed with a job opportunity in Brigham City which is much closer than Ogden.  Blake is due to start in the next week, and as I said, I don't want to give details because I don't want to jinx it before it begins.  So after Blake starts, I will have to cave in and give the details.  
On the other side of things, tomorrow Blake and I are going to put down a deposit on an apartment.  Well, its not really an apartment...its a town home!  Yes!  That's right!  Blake and I will move into a starter home.  It's still a rental situation (as we cannot afford to buy), but the rent is right in our budget.  Its a 3bd 1.5 bath, 1360 square feet, and its brand new.  So new that the unit we will moving into isn't even completed yet.  They are having a $100 deposit special so Blake and I are going to snag it up before they rent out.  Since they are building and leasing at the same time, there is only a few to rent out at any given time.  They are in Tremonton, Utah which will keep us close to my parents and keep our commute to Brigham City and Logan to only 20 minutes.  When we move in, which will be November 8th, I will post pictures of the place!  I'm so excited that we will get to spend Christmas in our own place.  
Blake is now serving in a year long temple calling as well.  Every Saturday from 12-4pm, he serves in the temple doing general cleaning, greeting, and directing.  He has only done this once, but already loves it and knows this next year will be a great one for our family.  This service, we know, will bring many blessings.  
We are headed to the Ogden Temple dedication today and then in another week, we will be blessed to hear from the prophets at General Conference!  I am so excited!  Love General Conference and the spirit that it brings.  I'm excited to learn and be edified.
School is going well.  We have done camping week, train week, and farm week.  We have taken a couple of field trips to some train places, like the Golden Spike Museum at Premonitory Point and the Union Pacific Train Museum in Ogden.  I will post pictures in the next post of the fun we have been having in the last few week of school.  The next two weeks will be focused on Autumn and then we will start in on Halloween festivities.  We have already watched the Nightmare before Xmas movie and I am waiting for Michelle to leave town before I pull out my Halloween decorations.  
Blake's bday is next weekend.  And that is about it.  All good stuff this time.  Just keep praying that the new job sticks, the apartment is secured, and the bills get paid.  Love to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment